The Heritage Society
Established in 1990, the Heritage Society is comprised of alumni and friends who have included the University in their estate plans. Members have explored the method of giving that best fits their personal and family financial needs, offers unique advantages whether that is to create income or to reduce capital gains, income or estate taxes for heirs.
This might include:
- naming Bellarmine as a beneficiary in their will (bequest),
- creating a gift that pays them income now with the balance to Bellarmine at the end of the term of the gift (charitable trusts, charitable gift annuities),
- naming Bellarmine the owner and beneficiary of a new or existing insurance policy;
- during their lifetime, deeding a home, vacation home, or rental property currently in their name, to Bellarmine University (life estate) and continuing to live in it,
- naming Bellarmine University a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan
- an outright gift of $50,000 or more to name and endow a scholarship or provide programmatic support.
A special group of friends, Visionaries, have made gifts of $1 million or more through outright giving or through estate plans in support of Bellarmine's endowment.